Any time I add or remove an item from a Spark list, the list resets itself to
display the first element at the top. Is there a way to get the list to
remember its current location? For example if I'm scrolled half way down a list
and remove an item I would like the list to remain scrolled to where it was,
rather than resetting.

I'm currently listening for change events on the dataprovider and capturing the
list layout's lastIndexInView, then using ensureIndexIsVisible to restore that
index after the next display update. However, this still results in the list
jumping around quite a bit. Is there a better solution? Shouldn't the list
handle this by default?