Dependency Injection still takes code and increases initial download.  You can
certiainly have configurable reusable preloaders.  The slideshow preloader on
my blog is an example.  Its config comes from the HTML wrapper.

On 8/9/11 11:50 AM, "Philip Smith" <loudj...@hotmail.com> wrote:

A preloader that could be dropped into multiple projects and configured using
dependency injection would be a useful feature imo, one that wasn't necessarily
dependent on a full blown MVC framework.

________________________________
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
From: aha...@adobe.com
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 11:11:12 -0700
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Inject dependency into Flex application preloader

   You can write your code like that, but what code would set those values?
None of the MVC frameworks I know of are running when the preloader is running.
 That’s the point of the preloader.  It is framework independent and very
lightweight so you can view something while the rest of the frameworks get
downloaded and initialized.

There are two phases to the preloader: download and initialize.  You could
probably set something in the initializing phase if you really want to.

On 8/9/11 11:00 AM, "Philip Smith" <loudj...@hotmail.com
<http://loudj...@hotmail.com> > wrote:

But in essence, going back to your example, there is no capacity to inject
'MyInjectClass' with a public setter?

Public class MyDownloadProgressBar extends SparkDownloadProgressBar
{
    private var _injectedClass:MyInjectClass;
    private var _preloaderModel:PreloaderModel;

   public function set injectedClass(value:MyInjectClass):void
   {
         this._injectedClass = value;
   }

   public function set preloaderModel(value:PreloaderModel):void
  {
      this._preloaderModel = value;

Ideally we would like to have a generic custom preloader component with an MVC
structure that uses dependency injection.