Back to your problem.  If you're not seeing the combo box's dataProvider
populate or update, then it's a binding problem.  Good idea to try the
BindingUtils, but it's easier to fix the binding events in the model.  If
you're using a getter / setter in the model, for the facilities collection,
make sure that the binding event is dispatched in the setter.  If you're not
seeing the collection update, when existing items have been changed elsewhere,
then listen for the COLLECTION_CHANGE event on the facilities collection, and
in the listener function, manually dispatch the collection's binding event
(same as the one in the setter).  If this doesn't work, look further upstream;
in the service, delegate or controller.  You'll find the short.

-TH