Wesley

What. no middle-ware?

How is Flex connecting to MySQL. ColdFusion, PhP, Java?

--Bill

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of chinwesley
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 10:06 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex line chart

I want to create a line chart in Flex. I know how to create a simple one but
the one I need to create needs to have 6 series (lines).

The problem is that when I get the data from MYSQL, there is 6 xFields (one
for each line) that are the same. eg. Western Cape - January, Western Cape -
February, Western Cape - March, etc (for 6 months).

That means that instead of there being only 9 xfields (province (south
african provinces)), there is now 54 of them because they are being
populated with all the values and not the unique ones. The same thing will
happen with the line series becuase the line series will have 6 of the
January's, 6 of the February's and so on.

I just want to have 9 xfields and not 54 and 6 months and not 9 of each.

Is there a way to solve this please?

Regards,
Wesley