Note: As a potential solution, I have been trying to add some custom style
properties to my various components (ie. fillColor, fillAlpha, etc.), then
setting these properties via CSS. The thought was that I could then simply
update those properties using the styleManager.getStyleDeclaration() method,
and in my components, set the colors using getStyle(). The issue is that the
compiler throws errors when I try to implement the custom styles in my
stylesheet using a custom style.

Example:

.myStyle {
     fillColor: 0x000000;
     fillAlpha: .5;
}

The previous code would throw an error that the compiler did not recognize the
style properties for fillColor or fillAlpha. If I can figure out a way to get
past this, then I might have a solution...

Thanks again!!