Not getting an error, just getting ignored and the function is never called.

var scope:Object = this;
                private var echoOrderCacheEvent:Function =
function(jstr:String):void{
                        Alert.show(this);
                        trace(scope);

                }

I've tried the old pass through - but it's definitely not working properly; the
'this' that's getting called within the function is NOT the function  - it's a
SubscriptionListener in the stomp framework as that's what's calling the
callback through the interface; something another dev has created and just want
to come back with enough ammunition that the callbacks aren't being set
properly:

It seems to me that he's creating another anonymous function as part of the
stomp dispatching and then everything is getting lost:

ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property com.investlab.mix.common.model::scope not
found on interbahn.SubscriptionListener and there is no default value.
        at
Function/<anonymous>()[/Users/grimm/Documents/__WORK/__INVESTLAB/MIX/src/com/investlab/mix/common/model/OrderProxyNew.as:142]
        at
interbahn::SubscriptionListener/apply()[C:\transfer\IdeaProjects\as3-interbahn\main\as3\src\interbahn\SubscriptionListener.as:59]
        at
Function/<anonymous>()[C:\transfer\IdeaProjects\as3-interbahn\main\as3\src\interbahn\stomp\StompConnection.as:35]
        at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
        at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
        at
org.codehaus.stomp::Stomp/dispatchFrame()[/Users/grimm/Documents/__WORK/__INVESTLAB/MIX/src/org/codehaus/stomp/Stomp.as:350]
        at
org.codehaus.stomp::Stomp/processFrame()[/Users/grimm/Documents/__WORK/__INVESTLAB/MIX/src/org/codehaus/stomp/Stomp.as:326]
        at
org.codehaus.stomp::Stomp/onData()[/Users/grimm/Documents/__WORK/__INVESTLAB/MIX/src/org/codehaus/stomp/Stomp.as:312]