From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Gustavo Duenas
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 9:51 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] help with a repeater

Thank you my friend, you are really good. I guess I should have read more the
book. It totally works.

Gustavo

On Oct 7, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Gordon Smith wrote:

This poorly-worded message is trying to explain that you cannot access the
'currentItem' of a Repeater, as your code vimeo.currentItem.title in
openWindowVimeo() is doing, after the Repeater has already created all the
repeated components. As each repeated component is created, 'currentItem' is
the item in the dataProvider that is creating that particular component. So
what would the 'currentItem' of the Repeater be after all the components have
been created? It doesn't make sense, and therefore is an error.

Once a repeated component has been created, you can use its getRepeaterItem()
method to get the item in the dataProvider that created it.

Gordon Smith
Adobe Flex SDK Team