What is the code doing?  If it is trying to find a class definition by name and
can’t that might be the issue.

On 11/2/11 12:21 PM, "Nigel Magnay" <nigel.mag...@gmail.com> wrote:

I've just been updating our build to use the latest Flexmojos 4.1-beta, and to
use RSL versions of the 4.5.1 flex framework. To do this, I've included all the
dependencies in a manual, correct order, so that the RSL load order is correct.
I've even manually added entries to get the correct
<application-domain-target>default</application-domain-target> entries for the
runtime-shared-library-path elements, and validated against the flash builder
generated -config xml.

It works. Mostly.

I have one rather frustrating error - a TypeError. I believe I understand what
it is telling me, but
I can find no way of getting anything sensible out of flash to help me figure
out why the domains
are screwed up. The link reports and config outputs all look OK to me.

The error is:

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert  to
xreader.converters.reflection.ReflectionProvider.
at xreader::xreader()
at
xreader::Modelxreader()[/Users/magnayn/dev/mycorp/mycorp-workspace/mycorp/flex-modules/mycorp-flex-components/src/main/flex/xreader/Modelxreader.as:33]
at
Function/<anonymous>()[/Users/magnayn/dev/mycorp/mycorp-workspace/mycorp/flex-modules/mycorp-flex-components/src/main/flex/managers/SystemManager.as:65]
at
Function/<anonymous>()[/Users/magnayn/dev/mycorp/mycorp-workspace/mycorp/flex-modules/mycorp-flex-components/src/main/flex/rpc/AdminService.as:96]
at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::call()
at
Function/<anonymous>()[/Users/magnayn/dev/mycorp/mycorp-workspace/mycorp/flex-modules/mycorp-flex-components/src/main/flex/rpc/BaseWebService.as:82]
at
net.mycorp.mycorp.util::Timing/time()[/Users/magnayn/dev/mycorp/mycorp-workspace/mycorp/flex-modules/mycorp-flex-components/src/main/flex/net/mycorp/mycorp/util/Timing.as:61]
at
rpc::BaseWebService/resultHandler()[/Users/magnayn/dev/mycorp/mycorp-workspace/mycorp/flex-modules/mycorp-flex-components/src/main/flex/rpc/BaseWebService.as:80]
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at
mx.rpc::AbstractOperation/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::dispatchRpcEvent()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AbstractOperation.as:249]
at
mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::resultHandler()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AbstractInvoker.as:318]
at
mx.rpc::Responder/result()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\Responder.as:56]
at
mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AsyncRequest.as:84]
at
DirectHTTPMessageResponder/completeHandler()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\messaging\channels\DirectHTTPChannel.as:451]
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

(suspicious that there is no class mentioned in the 'cannot convert  to' part.

The flex-app includes mycorp-flex-components and mycorp-flex-xreader as RSLs.
mycorp-flex-components references mycorp-flex-xreaderas an 'external', and at
the point of the error is passing an object which is a subclass of one defined
within mycorp-flex-xreader (ReflectionProvider), but the class there doesn't
think the type is correct. I can only assume that for some reason there's
something wierd going on with domains, but I cannot figure out what.

Is there any tooling that could help to figure this out?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team