I have a TitleWindow which has some TextArea components where end users(using
the application) will enter data to answer some questions. A reviewer needs to
comment on the entered answers. The reviewer comments would be stored in a
MySQL database using ColdFusion as the middle tier. Later, the end users would
make changes to their answers based on reviewer comments.

I was thinking of doing it as MS-Word does it for reviewing by having a
Add/View button next to each TextArea. On clicking the button, a window would
open where the reviewer could enter his comments for the TextArea. But, the
issue is when the new window is opened, the answer in TextArea component will
not be seen. In MS-Word, a reviewer can view/highlight the data that he wants
to comment on, then enter his comments on the comment box.

1. How can I implement this so that reviewing answers/data is as intuitive/easy
as in a MS-Word document for the reviewer and end-users when they need to make
changes based on review comments?

2. I am thinking of adding a Add/View comment button next to each TextArea. On
clicking it, I open a new window, create a panel with two textareas where first
textarea has user's original answer(which would be readonly for the reviewer)
copied from the parentWindow's TextArea, second textarea would have reviewer
comments(which would be readonly for end user of the application). The reviewer
would make comments in second textarea based on the answer(in first textarea)
and click a button to save his comments(which would be stored in a MySQL
database). The end user would click the Add/View comment button, revise his
answer(in first textarea) based on reviewer comments(inn second textarea),
click a button which would then update his original answer in the parentWindow
with the revised answer.

3. If approach described in 2 is advisable, should I open a new Window using
PopupManager or is there some other option(like the one at Multiple Windows in
Adobe AIR) which might be more suited?

I am using compiler Flex 4.5 with Flex 3 compatibility mode. I am a beginner to
intermediate in Flex

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. I am talking about the view end user receives when he uses MS-Word to
review a document(not how MS-Word implements it). If you have MS-Word
installed, you can open it, create a new document in it, type text in it,
highlight the text you want to comment about, then choose Review option from
the Menu, then select option New comment and you would see a box where you can
enter comments. I want to create something like that so a reviewer/end user is
more comfortable in using it.