From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Doug McCune
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 4:48 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Flex to HTML5 Conversion tool?

Just to throw in my two cents... I would not hold out any hope for any
solution that will magically convert your Flex app to a HTML/JS app. Not
in 6 months, not in 6 years. I don't want to be a downer, but I just
don't see it happening. Sure, we may see some tech demos that work on
super simple Flex apps, but I think that's about as far as you'll get.
You also might get tools that let you write a new app in MXML/AS,
specifically with targeting HTML/JS in mind, and that might work well.
But I have almost no confidence that you will ever be able to take an
existing, large Flex app and magically get it to run well as an HTML
app. I'd of course love to be proven wrong.

My advice is that if you really need to target HTML/JS is to build it
new from scratch. It's a harsh reality, and you're going to hate a lot
of the toolchain, language, and process, but if you really do have the
requirement that you need to have an HTML/JS app, you might as well just
rip off the band-aid in one go instead of holding out hope for a holy
grail solution.

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 6:27 AM, Merrill, Jason