There are some back-end Java messaging APIs available.  The Flex app needs
to connect to the chosen Java Messaging API.  There is some plumbing
involved.  An easier, faster, cleaner, better way to use ColdFusion.

--Bill

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Venkat M
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:31 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] E-Mail from flex.

Hi All,

I have an application that is developed on Flex and JAVA on the backend. I
need to provide a new email form the flex end.

I will create a field for to email id/ subject/ body in flex and will pass
it to java backend. Can some help what has to be done at java end?

What email type can be used? Is a valid email/password enough? I was also
asked to evaluate SMTP/POP3/IMAP options also. Can you help?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Venkat.