I realize this is beginner stuff, so I apologize for having to ask this,
but how do I terminate a Flex app? The application will be running in a
browser.

This is a Flash encoding application, that grabs the user's camera,
connects it to a net connection, and sends the stream to a Wowza server.
The guts of the application are working fine, but I'm putting in error
handling now. If the app starts up and either can't find a camera or is
not given permission to access the camera I pop up an Alert box warning
of the issue, and I'd like to then bail out of the application (perhaps
direct the browser to return to the previous page?). I've been able to
find instructions on how to terminate an Air application, but not an app
running inside a browser.