I downloaded and installed the Mac version of Flash Builder 4.6. There
is enough development work yet to be done on my project I figured that
having an IDE to work in might make life easier.

The project was originally written as an mxml file (Encoder.mxml) and an
ActionScript file (EncoderController.as). The mxml file refers to the
ActionScript file by starting out with :
<local:EncoderController xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
layout="absolute"
     xmlns:local="*"
     height="800" width="800"
     backgroundColor="#FFFFFF"
     backgroundAlpha="0">

On the Mac I selected "New" then "Flex Project" and named the project
"IntegratedEncoder". That got me an mxml file. I then copied the .as
file over from my other working environment, renamed it
"IntegratedEncoderController.as", changed the class name appropriately,
and modified the new mxml file Flash Builder made for me to include
"<fx:Script source="IntegratedEncoderController.as" />"

When I save the file the editor windows for
IntegratedEncoderController.as shows an error on the line in which I
import flash.media.Camera. The line with the error and the lines
surrounding it are:

     import flash.display.*;
     import flash.events.MouseEvent;
     import flash.events.NetStatusEvent;
     import flash.external.ExternalInterface;
-->import flash.media.Camera; <---
     import flash.media.Microphone;
     import flash.media.Video;
     import flash.net.navigateToURL;
     import flash.net.NetConnection;

The indicate line is the one with the error messages. The error messages
associated with it are:
1084: Syntax error: expecting identifier before leftbrace
1131: Classes must not be nested

I also get an error indicated in when I declare a variable of type Camera:
         private var camera:Camera;
The error message associated with this line is another occurence of
1131: Classes must not be nested

I've also got some other error messages, indicated in the editor with
yellow question marks. In the constructor for the class:
         public function EncoderController()
         {
--->        addEventListener(FlexEvent.APPLICATION_COMPLETE,mainInit); <---
         }
the indicated line is marked with "Call to a possibly undefined method
addEventListener".

In the mainInit method, I then have two lines:
            stage.align = "TL";
             stage.scaleMode = "noScale";
both marked with Access of undefined property stage

The code I copied over from my other machine compiles just fine using
the SDK and it runs fine. Why is Flash Builder giving these errors? It
looks like it is having problems importing flash.media.Camera and
appears confused by addEventListener. Have I done something with my
project setup that is screwing with Flash Builder? I'm thinking I'd like
to be able to do the rest of this project development in FB, but this
isn't looking very promising so far.