From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Wouter Schreuders
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 1:42 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] explicitly setting tabbing order on an itemrenderer in a
datagrid

Hi All

I've got two datagrids using the same itemrenderer class with two different
dataproviders, When they are initially rendered the tabbing order works
perfectly.

However I've built in some functionality that if you insert a value into a
textinput inside the itemrenderer it dispatches an event which updates the
datamodels for the two dataproviders which can result in the "transfer" of one
itemrenderer to another. That isn't really what's happening of course, just
that the dataproviders for the two datagrids get updated and then they rerender
to reflect that.

The problem is that when I update the dataprovider it seems to mess up my
tabbing order. On the datagrid from which I'm removing an item the tab order
gets reversed. From the datagrid to which an item is added the tabbing order is
seemingly random.

Is there a way in which I can explicitly set the tabbing order or itemrenderer
each time the data changes?

Thanks

Wouter