In debug mode of Flex (4.5) I have a variable that shows up in the
variable view, but doesn't exist in the function I'm stepping through.
Further, one that does exist doesn't show up.

After the assignment failed (no errors):

                  var exemptFlg:Boolean = false;

                  if (inData.inpExemptFlg)

                        exemptFlg = inData.inpExemptFlg;

control jumps to the end of the function bypassing all the rest of the
code.  Originally, this variable was "exempt" and that shows up in the
Variables view despite it being changed to exemptFlg.  After that
change, I cleaned the project, File | Refresh the project and closed
Flash then reopened it.  The phantom variable still appears and the
current one doesn't.

Help.

Jerry Davidson