Hi Rich,
From one noob to another, check out this link on storing files locally:
http://www.cultcreative.com/tutorials/11/13/2011/local-file-access-editing-for-android-and-ios/

I referenced this tutorial to aid me in copying the files to a storage directory on a device. Hope this is what you are looking for.

Then to load files in the stagewebview component, this is a simple example of how to do local vs remote links:
http://flexcapacitor.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/examples/webview/src/views/URLView.mxml

Regards
Margo

On 3/29/2012 11:03 AM, Richard Albrecht wrote:
Hi,

Surely someone knows the answer to this.

Help a noob:)

Rich
*From: *"Richard Albrecht" <r...@ralbrecht.net>
*To: *flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
*Sent: *Tuesday, March 20, 2012 12:39:40 PM
*Subject: *[flexcoders] Store HTML Files in Device

Hi,

Have an engineering app that displays a lot of information in html files in the native browser.

I want to store the files in the app so if they don't have internet access they can still get to them.

I can display on in the rectangle web view or what ever it's called, but then the user can't zoom etc, very limiting.

So I decided to use the internal browser, works fine if the files on the web, but I can't figure out what the correct path would be to send to the browser,

There must be a way to do this??

Thanks

Rich

--
Margo Powell
Applications Analyst/MS Computer Science