I have been doing active development with Flex 4.6 on my HTC Inspire 4G
(running IceColdSandwich/Android 4.0.4) with no such problems. The only
problem I have had is that Flash Builder doesn't always see the device as
still being in debugging mode, even though the device indicates that it is.
Solved by simply disconnecting the USB cable, then reconnecting it.

I have also been developing on my ASUS Transformer Prime tablet running ICS
with no orientation issues.

Nick