Hi,
Can you provide the complete code for the dropDownlist.

In Flex 3.5,  I was using a custom Combobox, where I can set the selected
value and also get the value like

<mx:combobox id="mycombo" selectedItem={myobject.myvalue}/>
and mycombo.value will return the selected value.

I need the same functionality in  flex  4, dropdownlist,
I have not found any custom dropdownlist   in internet, I am not an expert
 in flex and looking for a well optimized custom drop down list supporting
the above functionality

So can you please provide me some links, where I  can find a one  or if you
can share your code..

Thanks
Kannan