Make sure you use the correct Adobe uninstaller - some were for specific versions. I had a problem previously because my IDE didn't have the path set to run Firefox and the standalone player ran instead, so check your IDE.

Flashlight lets you know which player versions you have available...
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashlight-1/?src=api

John