Did you say you are using a custom editor?  Do you have FlashBuilder or another
Flex IDE?  Is it confused about brace matching?  If not, it could be the editor
you are using.

On 2/7/13 10:33 AM, "Davidson, Jerry" <jerry.david...@illinois.gov> wrote:

Jay,

Thanks for the response.  And thanks for the heads up.

And thanks for not commenting on how silly a single case is.

I removed the braces from the case statement and I continue to have the cursor
before either the last or the next t last closing brace pointing to the first
open one.

Jerry

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of jaywood58
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 10:48 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Code not lining up - brackets

Jerry,

I think your issue is the opening brace at line 6 (right after case
Const.ALERT_LIST_RETRIEVED:) and the closing brace at line 32 (right after the
break statement)... the code block for a case statement in ActionScript is
typically not enclosed in braces (perhaps it is even illegal, I'm not sure).
Instead, the code is delimited by the case statement itself and the break.
Either way, your closing brace at line 32 overlaps your break statement at line
31. I suggest removing those two braces or at least moving the closing brace
above the break.

Jay Wood
Sr. Flex Developer
Tech4Learning, Inc.