Hi,

many years ago I successfully converted specific PDFs (they were all created by
the same
generator and used a fixed set of fonts and drawing primitives)
The pipeline consisted of ghostscript to translate the pdf into uncompressed,
a perl script to convert the graphic instructions into ming source, and finally
the perl
version of ming to create swf.
The resulting file is made of lines, areas, and static text..
Of course text could be reconstructed with the help of a decompiler, but it is
possible to
generate the file so that no character / glyph index relation is present

The procedure was a bit tedious, and so the next time the same files were
requested,
I built a solution that hooked into the publication process even before pdf
generation

Regards
Wolfgang