In a Flex SWF, UIComponent is always in frame 2.

Also, the app should start to run when frame 2 loads while the other frames
stream in.

On 3/29/13 6:52 AM, "glasheen56" <glash...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I just tried, for the first time, the trick where you use -frame to put assets
in frame 3 of a swf.  It worked, except that the swf file size grew so large it
defeated the purpose of loading the assets late.

I did a size report and saw that frame 2 now includes a lot of classes it
didn't need before, like UIComponent, and these are bloating the swf.  If I
remove frame 3, these extra classes go away.

1. Anyone have an idea why this is happening?  I'm stumped.  I tried using
-externs to remove UIComponent from the swf but it had no effect.

2. If I abandon the frame 3 approach and use an assets module instead, will I
run into a similar problem?

Thanks

--
Alex Harui