From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of doug31415
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 12:50 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Getting a reliable MAC address/ UID for a machine

Hi Guys

Im trying to get a reliable UID for a machine. I can call
NetworkInfo.networkInfo.findInterfaces() and I get a bunch of stuff that
looks like this:

Name: {69138DF2-AB57-4755-A00C-BDCE909BBF30}
DisplayName: Wireless Network Connection
MTU: 1500
HardwareAddr: B8-76-3....
Active: true
============================

Name: {C57BEFB1-0B32-4653-853D-2A5690760716}
DisplayName: Local Area Connection
MTU: 1500
HardwareAddr: 74-......

The problem is this: the 'name' property appears to vary from machine type
to machine type - that is, Dells use a different string than Lenovos for
example, and the 'displayName' property also varies from language to
language.

So the question is, how can I find some unique identifier for a machine? Do
I need to generate it myself?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>