I certainly wish you the best with the javascript implementation. But have to
admit to strong doubts about it. No matter how many hoops you put yourself
through you are still working without many fundamentals of advanced
programming. There just isn't the juice under the hood, maybe with parallel
processing, but then we are getting close to a million monkeys banging on
typewriters til they eventually produce a novel aren't we?  I think the latest
ie browser brought flash into the browser as a native element not a plug in.
Like it or not you got it. I was stunned to hear it being done by MS, but its a
brilliant way to bring about a correction to the market hysteria which
dominated after Job's death, and Adobe's stupid response. Eventually the
industry will demand pixel by pixel interface control, there just is no
substitute equal to it by definition. After all the burning at the stake stuff,
it will probably be called "shadow" or something, not flash, but a rose by any
other name.

 At the risk of creating a never ending brush fire (oh what the hey its fun
sometimes), I wonder if some of the jump on flash and pummel it hysteria had an
unacknowledged element of gay bashing.  Adobe, deserve it or not, like it or
not, had quite a reputation. There was one advocate, I think it was in RTMP
networking videos, that would insert short clips of himself getting back ended
after about 45 minutes of mind numbing, real high end, discussion. I thought it
was funny as hell, removed the glaze from your eyes, and dropped your jaw the
first time you saw it, but i think others were not so amused. (Hey, Kiddies
certainly aren't going to get that far into one of these unless they are
enrolling at Harvard at 12 or something, and I survived the experience, and
found the fast forward button). I think the bent over man statue in front of
the offices also helped with the rep issue. BUT WHO CARES ! Credit where credit
is due. There were some of the most brilliant programmers with some of the
greatest contributions by software developers ever. We have witnessed a modern
equivalent of the Salem Witch trials on this one for whatever reasons, and the
amusing part is that we actually think we are advanced beyond that.

 Dan Pride

 P.S. Why can't women advocates get away with this once in a while :)

  • [flexcoders] R... Scott Fanetti scott.fane...@gmail.com [flexcoders]
    • [flexcode... danielpr...@yahoo.com [flexcoders]
      • Re: [... Scott Fanetti scott.fane...@gmail.com [flexcoders]
        • R... Barry Gold barrydg...@ca.rr.com [flexcoders]