Try removing use-custom-authentication, just have the run-as.  Make sure you’re going through <mx:WebService service=”xxx” … /> and don’t use wsdl=”…”

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Raymond Camden
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:06 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] calling a secured web service

Nod, I've restarted about a hundred times now. :(

Do you see anything obviously wrong with this current setup:

<service name="xxx">
      <use-custom-authentication>true</use-custom-authentication>
        <allow-unnamed-access>true</allow-unnamed-access>
      <wsdl>http://foo.com/foo.asmx?WSDL</wsdl>
      <run-as user="u" password="p" />
        <endpoints>
        <endpoint>http://foo.asmx</endpoint>