Title: Mercury Email Signature

Have you looked at isStructureValid?  If you have a model that contains all of the values you want validated and call isStructureValid you’ll find out about everything at once and don’t need another property to test for you.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shlomi Cohen
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:17 AM
To: 'flexcoders@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: [flexcoders] Validation of Custom component

Hi

We have a custom component that is composed of several UI controls.

this custom component is placed in a more complex form.

we need to validate the input entered for this custom component , and draw a red square around it (the canvas the wraps everything)

do you have any idea how to accomplish that ?

i tried a lot of things , among them :

have a method that check the input and set an error code at the label property of the canvas

then the validator checks this value and shows an error if the label property equals "error" for example.

the idea was that the validator needs to be binded to a field name and the only thing i could think of it the whole canvas.

any help will be appreciated.

Shlomi