It would be good to be able to use in Flex the Exclude.xml technique that is available since flash 7.  That could also spare a few bites ;)
http://www.epresenterplus.com/blog/archives/000050.html

Philippe Maegerman

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dimitrios Gianninas
Sent: mardi 18 octobre 2005 14:06
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] reducing fileSize without RSL??!!

I don't think there is much you can do except use an RSL. I'm sure you have read the article on the MM web site about RSLs, if not, just search for it... I don't have the link handy right now.

Or another solution might be to re-design the app and make a portion of the app entirely in Flex (ex. the management of products section) and thus the user only has to download one Flex app.

Dimitrios "Jimmy" Gianninas
RIA Developer
Optimal Payments Inc.