Try re-assigning the dataProvider to the tree in a result handler
function.

Tracy

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of jrab2999
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:14 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Problem with redawing tree xml content

Hello clubbers,

I have a problem with refreshing a tree:

Look at my code:
----

script

var treeDP:XML;

function selectRange() {
  rangesid = ranges.selectedItem.id;
  treeDP = new XML();
  treeService.clearResult(true);
  treeService.url = rangesid + ".xml";
  //tree.invalidate();
  treeService.send();
}

write someting into treeDP....

finish.

/script

<mx:Tree id="tree" change="changeTree(event)"
liveScrolling="true"><mx:dataProvider>{treeDP}</mx:dataProvider></mx:Tre
e>

---

If I later write another content to treeDP, the tree just disappears.
Why this? The strange thing is, debugging approves that the new
contents are stored in treeDP. Should I use a XMLCollection for treeDP
instead of XML? Why the tree disappears but content is there??
Is it a bug?

Thanks for help.

Re, Jurek

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM