I’m not sure that Akamai supports RemoteObject like access on their edge servers right now but I could be wrong.  Their support of Flex might be distributing the SWF only but not the data access.  Can you point me at where you saw their description of support?

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Thompson
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 1:48 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Remote Objects, must be on the local server?

On that note below, I was also wondering, in general,
what the "Edge" computing model is for Akamai (who is
supporting Flex they say) for J2EE?

I've asked their support desk, but they have not
responded.

Basically, I'm looking for an example in J2EE or
ASP.Net of using Flex 2 (zorn) with Java object or
.Net objects for both the central server logic, and
the edge server logic.

It's fairly straightforward to utilize file based
media in this environment, but I'm not sure how the
logic of data request/transfer between the central
server and the edge servers work.

-r