I think the restaurant finder sample went out with the alpha, it uses a WebService except that the code for that webservice is sitting on a server somewhere and wasn’t shipped.  But if you look at the Flex 1.5 samples in FlexStore you can see how to set up a Java webservice (look at the wsdd files etc).

The standard Java webservice library is Axis: http://ws.apache.org/axis/.  There should be some getting started guides there and I’d bet that they’ve got suggestions on how to do some development in Eclipse.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Thompson
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:51 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] J2EE/JRun Flex 2.0 Web Service Examples

Does anyone know, or have, any resources, tutorials,
sample code, or otherwise "getting started"
information on this simple model:

1. Flex 2.0 calling a custom Web Service
2. The custom Web Service example code in Eclipse J2EE
IDE (recommendations on J2EE IDE?)

I'm trying to gain momentum in the areas I want to
endeavor towards.  It would be great if there was a
File Area for this group for such example code.

-r

--- Manuel Saint-Victor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>