I haven’t investigated this for real but you may need to turn ModelLocator into a singleton so that there’s an instance of an object to watch.  Because we’re doing code-gen and not prototype hacking it’s impossible to make a Class object an EventDispatcher.  The singleton approach would allow us to use the code-gen and then you’d simply bind to ModelLocator.getInstance().myModel instead of ModelLocator.myModel.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Clint Modien
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 12:18 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Implementing ModelLocator pattern in AS3/Flex2

Make the objects in the Model Locator typed.... by importing the classes you need to ref.

On 10/21/05, Benoit Hediard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Since it is not possible to create bindings to static properties, how do you implement the ModelLocator pattern in AS3?

Benoit Hediard

PS: by the way, any information on an alpha release of Cairngorm for Flex2.0?