I am getting some errors in the Flexbuilder 2 Alpha which have me perplexed.  I am embedding a .swf file in my application with:

<mx:Image source="@Embed('assets/titleBackground.swf')" creationCompleteEffect="{SlowFade}"/>

And it works fine.  The .swf displays as expected, and is in the proper asset folder in my project.  However, today I am getting these error messages every time I compile:

“Unable to resolve assets/titleBackground.swf for transcoding.”

“Unable to transcode assets/titleBackground.swf”

What do those mean?  The only thing I could find in the help docs about transcoding was:

“The following example points to an ambiguously typed source property and specifies a MIME type so that Flex uses the proper transcoder to import the resource:

[Embed(source="http://getpic.com/getsvg", mimeType="image/svg")]

var pic:String; “

But I don’t see how that would relate to my project.  Just an “Alpha” thing?  Thanks for any insight.

Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com

NOTICE:

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail by you is prohibited.