I'm wondering if any other flexcoders have come across this issue.  I have a Panel component within an auto Viewstack (not sure if the Viewstack is causing anything).  The panel has an activate() method that gets hit once the viewstack index selects - the activate method is where remote data calls are being made.  So, basically the Panel is a view for a data object.  I use two-way binding to set various controls ( e.g. checkboxes, radiobuttons) that reflect fields on the object.  Here's an example:

 <mx:Binding source="chkField1.selected" destination="dataObject.Field1"/>

  <mx:CheckBox id="chkField1" label="Field 1" selected="{dataObject.Field1}" click="formHasChanged()"/>

What I'm finding is that the first time the Panel is hit, the selected property isn't set correctly, but on subsequent visits to the component the binding works fine.  The checkbox binding works fine if I don't include the mx:Binidng object, but the binding object is convenient for dealing w/ saves ( i.e. I can send the dataObject directly).  I ended up creating custom Checkboxes, RadioButtons, and ComboBoxes that have a duplicate selected or selectedItem field that I can use in the Binding object, but I was just wondering if there was another way around this.  Is this a FLEX bug?

Thanks,

Jaime