Flex doesn’t require shockwave control, only the flash J

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Thompson
Sent: 03 November 2005 14:08
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Yahoo Maps built with Flex!

Why does the Flex API require use of a Shockwave
Control instead of simply the Flash control?

Although I'm not saying this is the case, there is
prob. only one thing I'm sensetive to when it comes to
macromedia, and that would be anything going on to try
to unnecessarily require someone to adopt a certain
technology only for the sake of spreading it (e.g. I
like the new plans for Flex2 that won't _require_
getting involved in the huge license of Flex
Presentation Server; on the same token, all my
customers have complained heavily in the past about
Shockwave versus Flash; Flash is _always_ preferred).

-r

http://www.techcrunch.com/2005/11/02/new-yahoo-maps-shows-power-of-flash