Matt,
Thanks for the semi-useful suggestion ;)
Tried to set creationPolicy="all" on the view stack and it has the
same behavior.  For kicks, I also tried moving the call to
initLayout to the creationComplete event on the second VBox, this
did not help either.  Any other ideas?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Chotin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> What happens if you set creationPolicy="all" on the view stack?
Maybe