Dave,

"If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail".

Too much of anything is a bad thing, and people who just blindly and
unobjectively turn everything into a pattern, focus so much on
shoehorning a solution, they don't stop to think what the problem is
they're trying to solve in the first place.

However, with the appropriate and prerequisite knowledge that was behind
the design pattern movement, they are a useful abstraction for software
engineers to apply to address complexity (not introduce it) and increase
code clarity (not obfuscate it) in a team environment.

Blame the player, don't blame the game.

Steven

--
Steven Webster
Practice Director (Rich Internet Applications)

Office: + 44 (0) 131 338 6108
Mobile: +44 (0) 7917 428 947

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM