Took me 3 weeks to get that the root MXML tag was actually the class I was extending.  That through me for a loop.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] To code-behind or not to code-behind?

Thanks for your time everyone.

Because we have barely scratched the surface with Flex, I am asking stupid questions probably ... apologies if it's coming across as obtuse.

I think I was getting confused because "mxml is the class". Call me slow on the uptake! I only just clicked that separating the code from the mxml makes no difference semantically -- seems more of an ideological debate than anything else. I'm not a big fan of those! I can see why Steven's initial response was kind of blase. I think we'll go with the grain on this one and just stuff AS into our mxml. If it bites us later we'll just refactor.