Understanding Flash is not a pre-requisite to understanding Flex.  Sometimes it even confuses people J  I’d look at the Developing Rich Clients book even though it’s for 1.0, the concepts of how to build an application remain.  The 1.5 tutorials that you find out on the web also should generally remain helpful for the concepts even if some of the code might need to be updated.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alan
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 10:28 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] New To Flex

I've been playing with Flex on and off over the last year.  I recently downloaded Flex 2 Alpha 1 and I like what I see, however I'm a newbie to application development.  I would like to get my arms around Flex 2, but other than the few tutorials that Macromedia has on thier site I haven't been able to find anf Flex 2 resource sites.  Should I start with developing applications in Flash before diving into Flex 2?