Is this normal behavior? Since I am handling mousedown events on the TitleWindow, I figured that no mousedown events should make it to any components below my Container. If a MovieClip is the only way is there some good online references that describe how to work with MovieClips? I am new to flex and have not worked with flash at all.

Thanks, Dan

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt Freer
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:16 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] How to prevent events from passing through upper components

Hey,

In ActionScript 2.0 you would achieve this by ensuring that your
TitleWindow contained a MovieClip that was made up of a solid (filled)
shape (e.g. a rectangle).
You would then ensure that the MovieClip in question trapped the
relevant mouse events:

e.g.

my_rectangle.>my_rectangle.useHandCursor = false;
my_rectangle.enabled = false;

I'd be interested to know if there is another way to achieve this in AS3?

Cheers
Matt