On 11/10/05, Scott Barnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  XmlHttpRequest has been staring everyone in the face for years, yet some
> clown throws an acronym behind to highlight how cool it can be used, and
> suddenly a religion is formed.

I would give credit to the killer applications built using
JavaScript/DHTML by Google and then others following suit.  "Hey, if
it works for Google why wouldn't it work for me?"  So everyone starts
playing with the tech and it gets a new name -- AJAX.

The AJAX phenomenon is nothing but testimony to the pent up demand for
better user experiences on the web.  Developers are willing to go out
of their way, do all sorts of hacks, to create better experiences.
It's like the Perl/CGI wave before J2EE or PHP or Rails.  Who creates
web apps in Perl/CGI anymore?

There's always a right tool for the job.  Like Flex :)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM