[env: Flex 1.5 with Cairngorm architecture]

I am using the CheckBoxCellRenderer provided by Peter Ent via this
download:
http://www.markme.com/pent/archives/flex/solutions/cellrenderers.zip

I have my program working such that when a user clicks the Save button
in my mxml file, all the rows whose CheckBoxes are checked are stored
in a new Array by a save() function in the mxml's ViewHelper.

What I would like to do now is update the text in one of the cells
when the CheckBox is clicked. To be more specific, each row in the
DataGrid has a "date" column, and when the row's CheckBox is clicked,
I'd like the current date to replace the date displayed in that row's
"date" column.

However, I can't figure out how to get the CheckBox to realize it has
been clicked so that I can call the updateDate() function in the
mxml's ViewHelper. I tried modifying the code in the
CheckBoxCellRenderer class, but from there, I couldn't find an easy
way to access the mxml's DataGrid and its dataProvider. I tried using
the "change" property of the DataGrid, but that only recognizes that a
row has been selected, not that a CheckBox has been clicked.

[As an aside, I noticed while I was modifying the CheckBoxCellRenderer
that the setValue() function is called twice everytime the mouse
passes over a DataGrid row containing a checked CheckBox(es). This
seemed odd.]

Thanks in advance!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM