You need to tweak the onLoad tag in the body:

onLoad="theFlashControl.setFocus()"

Don't know how to modify the server-side HTML Template, though.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Renaun Erickson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:15 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: setFocus is evil

I vaguely remember messing with this.  There was an issue with the
Broswer/FLash Player getting focus itself.  So basically your code
running in the flash player is set correct but the Flash Player it
self does not have focus, until you click some where on the flash swf
in the page.

I dont remember finding a way around it but I might be wrong.

Renaun

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/mx2004/main_7_2/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Flash_MX_2004&file=00001659.html

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM