Where are you trying to disable the validator from. The “document” is always the object on which the Validator itself lives.  So if you’re calling code from the MXML file itself you’d always use “this.”  If you’re calling it from a ViewHelper or something you could use the Application.application route or if you already have a reference to the MXML file just use that.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Libby
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:25 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Question about Enable / Disable Validator

Ok, further testing makes me think that my "pointer" to the current
document is not always good. I am getting it by using
mx.application.application.objectName.objectName...   Is this the
wrong way to do this, is there a better way to get to the current
document? I apologize if this is a dumb question as I am pretty new to
Flex development.

Thanks,
Libby