I am afraid I am not quite following your idea.  SimpleSquare.as is a
programmatic skin file.  Something like ....

class SimpleSquare extends UIObject
{
      static var symbolName:String = "SimpleSquare";

..
it is nothing fancy. I compiled it and got a SimpleSquare.swc, which is
sitting at the same level as the  component that is trying to use it. One
Flex environment is my local PC with Windows and I am deploying to a Unix
server, which is where it does not work ..

Thanks,
-Oscar.

             "Roger Gonzalez"                  To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        cc:

             Sent by:                          Subject:  RE: [flexcoders]
Unresolved symbol, 'NameSymbol', required by
             flexcoders@yahoogroups.com          __Packages.com.myComponent

             11/17/2005 03:40 PM

             Please respond to

             flexcoders

Keep in mind that classes and symbols occupy the same "namespace" in
AS2, so you may need to rename your class to be different than the
symbol you are embedding.

Where is SimpleSquare coming from?  Is it a Flash asset?  It almost
looks like you're trying to embed a component, which isn't correct.  A
SimpleSquare.as with matching class will result in two symbols,
__Packages.SimpleSquare and SimpleSquare.  However, it doesn't know
about the second one until its been compiled, so unless there is a class
dependency to trigger it to be compiled, it won't work.  But if there is
a class dependency (in the "other Flex environment" that caused it to be
compiled via a hard dependency, then the incorrect code will
coincidentally work.

Don't try to embed component sprites, just use the class.

Don't overlap your component names with symbols defined in Flash, define
them with different names.

-Roger

Roger Gonzalez
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]