Note, this example is mitigated. there are dozens of preferences i want my
users to be
able to set. Anyways....

I have a simple preference i want my users to be able to set:
showConsoleWindow. I have
created a simple PreferencesWindow with a CheckBox on it. This checkbox's
selected
property is bound to ModelLocator.currentUser.preferences.showConsoleWindow.
currentUser is a UserVO object as described below:

class UserVO {
  preferences:PreferencesVO;
  username:String;
}

class PreferencesVO {
  showConsoleWindow:Boolean;
}

I'd like to offer a cancel button to my PreferencesWindow. however, since
showConsoleWindow is bound, this approach won't work. It seems I should first,
create a
temporary preferences object to bind to. This is where my question comes in.
How do I
create a copy of my ModelLocator.currentUser.preferences object?

Or would you implement this functionality differently? Please, I'm new to flex
and I want to
do this "the right way". Thanks for your time.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM