Stacy, yes and no. Just create a new image dynamically when your XML
data is returned (no need to use Embed in this case):

private function resultHandler(event:ResultEvent):Void {
myImage: new Image();
myImage.source=event.result._xml_path_to_image_url;

someContainerObjectLikeCanvas.addChild(myImage);
}

Hope this helps

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.QUssC/izNLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM