Zinc actually connects to more than just MySQL.

"Zinc™ v2.5 can connect to Microsoft Access* and MySQL Databases, and with added ADO support, you can practically connect to any Database Type! Zinc™ v2.5 supports SQL statements which means that you can execute all INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and SELECT commands on your database connections. There's no need for server side scripts such as PHP, ASP or CGI as Zinc™ v2.5 creates a direct connection with the Database."