I have created an integrated JRun4 instance of Flex 1.5 and Coldfusion
MX 7.0.1. I created a simple flex 1.5 application that accesses a
simple custom java class. For some reason the flex application (flash
remoting) can not find the java class. However the flex application is
able to locate and execute coldfusion objects (cfcs), but not pure
custom java classes. I've tried various solutions ranging from where
the class lives such as {context-root}/WEB-INF/classes. I have also
tried to play with the new coldfusion gateway-config.xml and naming
the service and enabling the java adaptors. The interesting thing is I
have another JRun4 server instance with only Flex 1.5 running and
under {context-root}/WEB-INF/classes is the same custom java class,
which works great. There has to be something that I'm missing.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.QUssC/izNLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM