I have started to develope a simple flex app using coldfusion as my
backend. While working on some of the more detailed portions of the
app. I have ran into this problem.

On the backend, I have the coldfusion fucntion below. It is pretty
straight forward and works like a charm when I run it through a cf
page. However when I use this function from with in flex, it insert
two records into the data base. So if my listCompletePrimer was
L051234 it would insert that and the next number in order. So that I
have L051234 and L051235.

I am using initalize to create this insertion so that I can call back
the inserted number and display it in a form field to an admin.

Here is my as/flex/cf code. Can someone lead me to the direction of
fixing this.

Flex:
<mx:Canvas width="100%" height="100%"
xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2005/mxml";
initialize="qiAdminListFileNumAdd();" xmlns="*">

AS:
function qiAdminListFileNumAdd(){
        srv.qiAdminListFileNumAdd();}

CF:
        <cffunction name="qiAdminListFileNumAdd" access="remote"
returntype="string" output="false">
                <!--- Global File Number Manipulation Query  - Sale --->
                <cfquery name="CheckNumList" datasource="#application.dsn#">
                        SELECT fld_fileNum
                        FROM tbl_smartPanel_propInfo_List
                        ORDER BY fld_fileNum
                        DESC LIMIT 1
                </cfquery>
                <cfset listPrimer = removeChars(CheckNumList.fld_fileNum, 1,
len(APPLICATION.systemInfo.fld_listPrefix) +
len(dateformat(APPLICATION.todayDate, "YY")))>
                <cfset listCompletePrimer =
APPLICATION.systemInfo.fld_listPrefix &
APPLICATION.datePrimer & listPrimer + 1>
                <cfquery datasource="#application.dsn#">
                insert into tbl_smartPanel_propInfo_List
                (fld_fileNum)
                values('#listCompletePrimer#')
                </cfquery>
                <cfreturn listCompletePrimer />