From: "Brendan Meutzner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:57 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Flex 2 - swf symbols

Thanks guys...

However, there still seems to be issues.  I'm using the same swf file
in both a 1.5 project and 2.0 project.  When I try to embed it using:

[Embed("assets/graphics/swfs/SideNavArrows.swf#ArrowUp")]

it works in 1.5 but not in 2.0, so I'm assuming there's nothing wrong
with my swf file.  The error I get in 2.0 displays "Definition for
symbol 'ArrowUp' not found."

Has anyone had success importing swf files with symbols using the
syntax Jester suggested below?

<mx:Image id="arrow_image" source="upImage" />

<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
[Embed("assets/graphics/swfs/SideNavArrows.swf#ArrowUp")]
private var upImage:Class;
]]>
</mx:Script>

Thanks,